Nutritours provide an excellent opportunity to see what the Liahona Children’s Foundation does firsthand. Participants visit a country in which we work for up to ten days. There you will participate in activities designed by the local and Country Coordinators. You will take part in meaningful service projects to both the children served by the Foundation and the community at large. You will assist in nutritional supplement distribution and screening. You will also be able to visit some of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the world as part of your experience. Anyone over 8 is welcome to participate in these wonderful experiences.
Nutritours – 2017
- Guatemala, North Peru, and South Peru ($2200): June 13-28, 2017 - Fly into Guatemala City, visit Momostenango & Quetzaltenango. Then fly to Cusco, tour the city, and visit Machu Picchu before heading to northern Peru to meet the children in Chiclayo & Trujillo.
- Philippines ($1700): June 16-24, 2017 - You will fly into Manila and travel north to Urdaneta to meet children and families as well as participate in a service activity. Then you will head back to Manila to visit the temple and the Mall of Asia before flying home.
- Cambodia ($1700): June 23-July 2, 2017. This trip starts in the capital city of Phnom Penh where you are able to screen children, visit museums, participate in a cultural experience and a service activity, and then catch a bus to Siem Reap. In Siem Reap you will visit the beautiful stone temples of Angkor Wat, and if you are feeling adventurous you can ride an elephant up the mountain to watch the sun set over the ancient stone temples.
- Guatemala ($1700): July 14-22, 2017 - Fly into Guatemala City, meet families in Momostenango and Quetzaltenango, and visit the temple. Then travel to Solola, meet the children there, and visit Lake Atitlan before heading home.
- South Peru ($1700): July 27-August 5, 2017 - You will fly into Lima, visit the temple, and meet the children in Lima. You will then fly to Cusco where you will take a city tour and meet more children and their families before taking a train to Machu Picchu. After Machu Picchu, you'll fly back to Lima then on home.
*A minimum of 5 participants is required for a Nutritour to take place.
Fill out an application today!
- Nutritour trips start at $1700 + airfare.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due March 1. The balance is due May 1.
Discounts (up to $700)
- $350: Find a family member and/or friend to go with you
- $700: For individuals and immediate family members of those who have donated at least $1000 to the Liahona Children’s Foundation in the past.
If you have any questions, please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.